I bought these Talbot’s pants at a thrift shop a few months ago because I liked their odd fabric and thought I could turn them into something better. They sat in my drawer for a while until this morning,when I decided to give them new life. They fit poorly, wide in the hips and crotch; and then tapered into a strange high-water. The bottom hem was a solid 1.25″, so I dropped that and also took the pants in about 2″ on each side overall. I meticulously pinned and sewed and re-pinned and sewed again to achieve a skinny pants look. The original fit was again, odd, so it took a lot of tweaking before I got them right. I am happy with the results and look forward to doing more of my pants. :o) They went from a size 10 to about a 6.